Tuesday 28 June 2016

Hume Arts Awards

Last week I was awarded the Hume Arts Awards 'emerging visual artist' award, it was a very exciting week with the award night, interviews and photographers visiting my studio!

This is the first thing I've won, and aside from the prize money (which is a huge help!) it's such a wonderful feeling to be recognised for all of those hours you spend alone late at night, or mostly in my case very early in the morning, working your arse off.

A huge thank you to The Hume City Council, Gee Lee-Wik Doleen Gallery, Stockroom and my friends, family and smoochy boyfriend for all the support and encouragement.

And here's some press on the award from my local paper:
http://www.starweekly.com.au/news/sunburys-bonnie-hanlon-scoops-hume-arts-award/pub/sunbury_macedon_ranges/

No comments:

Post a Comment