Wednesday 25 July 2012

A foray in to Printmaking




I have had the pleasure of being invited to participate in Rona Greens' Beautiful Soup printmaking folio exchange and exhibition. (I'll post more details in the coming weeks)



I was very honored to be invited to make a work for this show, but naturally quite nervous about doing a poor job of it.



Not having had experience with printmaking
 and only having only the most basic tools
 at my disposal, I set about creating my first Linocut, a reduction lino, with 3 colours.

After weeks of research and planning, I took a deep breath and jumped in to the unknown, the dark art of printmaking, with surprising results.
           






I didn't do too bad a job of it and had a lot of fun in the process.
 I really enjoyed the focus and care required for such a meticulous process and I'm looking forward to bringing more printmaking in to my practice.



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. I would also like to share with you something for your benefit.
    អ្វីជា​ Baccarat​

    ReplyDelete