Thursday 16 February 2012

photons in/through my hands

I haven't been in to the studio this week, so I don't have any pictures to share but I'll share some thoughts from the week.
I have been thinking a lot about light... I've caught myself looking at reflections and thinking about photons and how they are magic, some will pass through and some will bounce back but you could never say which ones will do what. All you can really do is measure the probability and I like that.
Today I held a flashing bike light in my hand and sealed my fist, I watched how the red light made my hand glow and again though about those magic little photons, with their tricky particle/wave duality and I thought it was pretty cool that some bounced back against my hand and others passed right through it...

1 comment: